PMID: 12509967Jan 3, 2003Paper

Concurrent chemoradiotherapy with new platinum compound nedaplatin in oral cancer

Oral Oncology
Masamichi ItaYoshikazu Hayatsu

Abstract

Eleven patients with oral cancer were treated with the new platinum agent, nedaplatin, and 5-fluorouracil and simultaneous radiation therapy. The regimen was of 5 days' duration: 5-fluorouracil 400-500 mg/m(2) (days 1-5), nedaplatin 80-90 mg/m(2) (day 4), and a total radiation dose of 8-10 Gy (days 1-5). Of the 11 patients, 4 (36.4%) showed complete response and 5 (45.4%) showed partial response; the total response rate was 81.8%. Major side effects were hypochromia (27%), leukopenia (64%), granulocytopenia (55%), thrombocytopenia (36%), nausea and vomiting (82%), and mucositis (45%). Toxicity was grade 2 or less in most of the 11 patients. The results indicate that the regimen composed of combination chemotherapy with nedaplatin and radiation therapy is effective in the treatment of patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the oral region.

References

Nov 1, 1994·American Journal of Surgery·K T RobbinsS B Howell
Apr 29, 1998·Journal of Clinical Oncology : Official Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology·T G WendtA Schalhorn
Oct 10, 1998·Strahlentherapie und Onkologie : Organ der Deutschen Röntgengesellschaft ... [et al]·B Jereczek-FossaR Orecchia
Dec 16, 1998·The Japanese Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery : Official Publication of the Japanese Association for Thoracic Surgery = Nihon Kyōbu Geka Gakkai Zasshi·H YamanakaK Hioki
Mar 10, 2001·European Journal of Cancer : Official Journal for European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) [and] European Association for Cancer Research (EACR)·M De LenaA Mazzei
Sep 12, 2001·Lung Cancer : Journal of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer·H KunitohN Saijo

❮ Previous
Next ❯

Citations

Aug 25, 2004·The Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology·M SawickaW Lewandowski
Aug 1, 2015·Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery·Minoru MiyakeYoshihiro Nishiyama
Oct 30, 2004·Acta Oto-laryngologica. Supplementum·Hiroyoshi IguchiHideo Yamane
Jul 26, 2017·Clinical & Translational Oncology : Official Publication of the Federation of Spanish Oncology Societies and of the National Cancer Institute of Mexico·F ChenJiandong Zhang

❮ Previous
Next ❯

Related Concepts

Related Feeds

Carcinoma, Squamous Cell

Basal cell carcinoma is a form of malignant skin cancer found on the head and neck regions and has low rates of metastasis. Discover the latest research on basal cell carcinoma here.

Related Papers

The Japanese Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery : Official Publication of the Japanese Association for Thoracic Surgery = Nihon Kyōbu Geka Gakkai Zasshi
H YamanakaK Hioki
Journal of Cranio-maxillo-facial Surgery : Official Publication of the European Association for Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery
K HollmannB Stadler
© 2021 Meta ULC. All rights reserved