journal cover

Prognostic Impact of MCPyV and TIL Subtyping in Merkel Cell Carcinoma: Evidence from a Large European Cohort of 95 Patients

Endocrine Pathology

Dec 7, 2019

C RicciS Asioli

Abstract

Merkel cell carcinoma is a rare (∼ 2000 cases/year in the USA) but aggressive neuroendocrine neoplasm of the skin. In 2008, the Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCPyV) was found to be clonally integrated in approximately 80% of Merkel cell carcinomas. The remaining 20% have large numbers of UV...read more

Mentioned in this Paper

Immune Response
T-Lymphocyte
Neuroendocrine Tumors
Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocyte Therapy
Neoplasms
CD8-Positive T-Lymphocytes
Programmed Cell Death Protein 1
Specific antigen
Squamous Cell Carcinoma
SsRNA negative-strand viruses
Paper Details
References
  • References
  • Citations
  • finger pointing at paper

    References currently unavailable

    We're still populating references for this paper, please check back later.
  • References
  • Citations
  • quote and clock

    No citations available

    This paper may not have been cited yet.

Similar Papers Found In These Feeds

Downstream Antiviral T Cell

Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Recurrence

Immunologic Surveillance

Immunological surveillance occurs when T-cells detect and destroy virally infected or neoplastically transformed cells in the body. Discover the latest research on immunologic surveillance here.

Carcinoma, Squamous Cell

Basal cell carcinoma is a form of malignant skin cancer found on the head and neck regions and has low rates of metastasis. Discover the latest research on basal cell carcinoma here.

Cross-Priming

Cross-priming is the process whereby professional APC, mainly dendritic cells, prime t-cells by presenting antigens processed from proteins of other cells such as tumor cells or virus-infected cells. Discover the latest research on cross-priming here.

Merkel cell carcinoma

Merkel Cell Carcinoma is a rare skin cancer characterized by red or flesh-like nodules. Increased exposure to sunlight and Merkel cell polyomavirus infection may increase risk of developing this disease. Discover the latest research on Merkel Cell Carcinoma here.

Merkel Cell

© 2020 Meta ULC. All rights reserved

Prognostic Impact of MCPyV and TIL Subtyping in Merkel Cell Carcinoma: Evidence from a Large European Cohort of 95 Patients

Endocrine Pathology

Dec 7, 2019

C RicciS Asioli

PMID: 31808008

DOI: 10.1007/s12022-019-09601-5

Abstract

Merkel cell carcinoma is a rare (∼ 2000 cases/year in the USA) but aggressive neuroendocrine neoplasm of the skin. In 2008, the Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCPyV) was found to be clonally integrated in approximately 80% of Merkel cell carcinomas. The remaining 20% have large numbers of UV...read more

Mentioned in this Paper

Immune Response
T-Lymphocyte
Neuroendocrine Tumors
Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocyte Therapy
Neoplasms
CD8-Positive T-Lymphocytes
Programmed Cell Death Protein 1
Specific antigen
Squamous Cell Carcinoma
SsRNA negative-strand viruses

Related Papers

Paper Details
References
  • References
  • Citations
  • finger pointing at paper

    References currently unavailable

    We're still populating references for this paper, please check back later.
  • References
  • Citations
  • quote and clock

    No citations available

    This paper may not have been cited yet.
/papers/prognostic-impact-of-mcpyv-and-til-subtyping-in/31808008