PMID: 7088387Jun 8, 1982Paper

Radiologic projection on the sagittal plane as a diagnostic parameter in primary lung neoplasms

Minerva medica
G Gheno, G Mazzei

Abstract

A study was carried out to evaluate the importance of location of radiological densities on lateral protection of X-ray films of the chest, as a valuable sign for the clinical diagnosis of primary neoplasms of the lung. Clinical case records of 100 patients with pneumonitis, 61 patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis and 58 cases with primary pulmonary neoplasms -- in which diagnosis was verified by hystological examination of biopsies performed during bronchoscopy or by autoptic control -- were reviewed. Radiological location in anterior or central-anterior planes was observed in only 14 per cent of patients with pneumonitis while in 86 per cent the location was in posterior or central-posterior planes. Only 10 per cent of patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis had their densities situated on anterior or central-anterior planes of the chest X-ray while in the remaining 90 per cent of cases the location was in central-posterior or posterior planes of the radiogram. In 74 per cent of patients with primary lung neoplasms we observed that radiological densities were located in the anterior or central-anterior planes; only in 26 per cent of patients the radiological location was in the posterior or central-posterior planes...Continue Reading

Related Concepts

Differential Diagnosis
Malignant Neoplasm of Lung
Experimental Lung Inflammation
Technology, Radiologic
Tuberculosis, Pulmonary

Related Feeds

Aphasia

Aphasia affects the ability to process language, including formulation and comprehension of language and speech, as well as the ability to read or write. Here is the latest research on aphasia.

Related Papers

Journal of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology
Berna Botan YildirimHatice Canan Hasanoglu
The European Journal of Medicine
P Van den Brande, M Demedts
© 2021 Meta ULC. All rights reserved